January 17th, 2017
Please click on the link
Song must be from the 80’s Era
Song must be memorized (if singing).
There will be a piano available.
**Please note that Judy Luthy will be available to play on Friday’s. Please get in contact with her to arrange a time**
Please bring a CD or MP3 of backing track.
Acapella will have points deducted. (unless group is performing a la “Pitch Perfect” or the like).
PLEASE BE EARLY FOR YOUR TIME SLOT. If you are late, you will still be able to audition but not necessarily at the time that you signed up for.
January 2nd, 2017
Due to our later start this year, we will NOT have rehearsal on January 3rd!
We’ll see you January 10th! 🙂
Pizza Theater Auditions will take place on January 26th and 27th at Cedar Brook Elementary. Auditions will go from 4:00-6:00.
What you need to know for auditions:
– You cannot use the songs: Africa – Toto, Greatest love of all – Whitney Houston, Hit me with your best shot/One way or another – Glee Mashup.
– If you want to use the following songs, have a back up just in case as these songs are in our opener mash-up: I love Rock n’ Roll, The Warrior, Walking on Sunshine, Express yourself, Love is a battlefield, True Colors, We got the beat.
– Must be memorized
– Must come in complete costume (if you are waiting to order the costume to see if you made it, please bring a picture of the costume in its entirety)
– Must have a CD/MP3 player with the KARAOKE track. We will not be able to pull up the youtube video like we have done in the past, so please come prepared. Please do not sing acapella.
For new parents: We choose 12 acts to tie the show together. This has to be top notch auditions. We vary the ages, so not all 8th graders will get an act. Seniority does not play a part in the auditions. We take the most prepared and theme appropriate acts for this show.
We hope that we have many girls audition! It’s a great part of Pizza Theater and we love to see the girls prepare for this audition. Feel free to reach out to the directors for guidance in this.
See you on the 10th!!
November 15th, 2016
No Rehearsal November 22nd
November 29th – Memorial Drive United Methodist 4:30-6:30 Do not wear uniform.
*****CHANGE IN CONCERT DATE AND TIME!!!!!*****
Monday December 5th, 2016
Call is at 5:00 and the Concert is at 6:30 p.m.
Wear formal uniform.
October 23rd, 2016
Just a reminder to wear costumes this Tuesday October 25th, 2016.
We are asking for no clown costumes, whole face paint, or masks, due to recent events.
Thank you for your understanding.
August 18th, 2016
Hello everyone and welcome to 2016-2017 SBGC School Year!
We hope that everyone had a fantastic summer and that your daughter is as excited about SBGC this year as we are!
We have two new directors who are super fantastic and we cannot be luckier to have them on board, and we are super thrilled to have Mrs. Luthy and Mrs. Gonzalez coming back to play piano for us!!
Before we get started with the year, there are a few things that need to be taken care of:
1st) Please click on the following link to register your daughter(s) for this year (all singers). FILL OUT IN GOOGLE FORMS
2nd) Please click on the following link to volunteer your parental time for our Saturday Fun Day (August 27th). http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040c4aaaaa2d6-sbgc1
3rd) Please print the attached form and bring it to the Saturday Fun Day or first day of rehearsal.
Things to remember:
1) Go to Springbranchgirlschoir.com and register your email on the left hand side. We will be mailing you from there from now on.
2) Saturday Fun Day is Saturday August 27th, 2016 – Registration begins at 8:00 (bring cash/check – no card), camp starts at 9:00, Mini Concert at 3:15, Pick up at 3:30. Wear Hawaiian clothes. Location – Cedar Brook Elementary
3) First rehearsal is Tuesday August 30th, 2016 – Cedar Brook Elementary – 4:30-6:00
If your daughter has chosen not to continue with this organization, please be patient with us as we remove your email from the group.
As always if there are any questions, please email any of the three directors! Thanks!
June 13th, 2016
All new girl result letters have been sent home.
Chamber and Chorale announcements will be made tomorrow by email.
If you are not planning on returning to SBGC for 2016-2017, please email Elizabeth.Snelling@springbranchisd.com
August 29th, 2013
We are so glad you are able to come to Cedar Brook Elementary for your weekly rehearsals. All choirs can enter through the left facing side of the building near the bus ramp. Restrooms are located outside of the music room area and just off of the doors to the gym. We ask all girls and families to respect this request and stay outside of the teacher’s lounge and main instructional areas. Please do your best to be seated with music and pencil in hand by 4:30pm each Tuesday. Please pick your daughter up in the assigned areas so that the directors can monitor dismissal. For your safety, NO ONE should be picked up at the front of the school.
Contact & Pick-Up
CONCERT CHOIR DIRECTOR: Ms, Pollard, Accomp.: Ms. Gonzalez, 4:30-6:00pm; Pick-up in bus circle.
CHORALE DIRECTORS: Mrs. Holder, Accomp.: Mrs. Luthy 4:30-6:00pm; Pick-up in bus circle.
CHAMBER SINGERS DIRECTOR: Ms. Snelling, Accomp.: Mrs. Luthy 4:30-6:00pm; Pick-up in bus circle.